Armin van Buuren's Style

All Music Related Topics. Want To Share Your Thoughts On A New Track Or Album Or Music In General? (Non Promotional).
Sunlounger
Netherlands
Armin van Buuren's Style

Post by Sunlounger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:58 am

What do you guys think about Armin van Buuren's style that he is producing the last years? I really have much respect for Armin as a trance legend and also that he keeps on sticking with his love for the ASOT radio show and ASOT events. But the style that he is producing, that POP sound, I don't like it at all! Yes he doesn't have to do it for the money anymore and yes he has meant and still means allot for the Trance scene, but his own productions don't have anything to do with trance music anymore. Except his project with Benno de Goeij, say Gaia is still real trance music.

But for an example, that new track, sex, love & water.. :cry: The club mix is very cheap too in my opinion :whistle: I call it cheap scoring..but probably we would do the same thing..

Let the comments flow.. :happy
The Beach Side Of Life

Trance-M
Re: Armin van Buuren's Style

Post by Trance-M » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm

I don't like it and it confuses me.
I understand he needs commercial tracks to stay on top, but when you say you're a trance DJ it doesn't feel right.
It's the same feeling I got when seeing him at Vrienden van Amstel. He really didn't belong there and this is were it got wrong with DJ's.
Since he can't sing he needs to do something crazy to be part of the show, like hanging upside down doing basically nothing.

Divine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Divine » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Vrienden van Amstel lol.. jep sucks.. you have another one like that.. local Dutch artists combine together with dance dj's.. was that Flying Dutch? Not sure tho..
Life is too short, don't stress every day, leave your worries behind, go out and play, life is too short, grasp it in your hand a natural miracle, have fun while you can, life is too short, as precious as gold, its full of surprises, so i am told, life is too short, take it from me have as much fun as you wish, just wait and see, life is too short, people seem to forget, that life is a gift and its free, yes that's it, life is too, you are your own eyes open yourself, and enjoy your own life!

Sunlounger
Netherlands

Post by Sunlounger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:14 am

Trance-M wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm
I don't like it and it confuses me.
I understand he needs commercial tracks to stay on top, but when you say you're a trance DJ it doesn't feel right.
It's the same feeling I got when seeing him at Vrienden van Amstel. He really didn't belong there and this is were it got wrong with DJ's.
Since he can't sing he needs to do something crazy to be part of the show, like hanging upside down doing basically nothing.
That's exactly what I mean! Those commercial tracks sound like Tiesto's crap that was on the radio for a while, really cheap ass productions! A shame 2 trance legends downgrade themselfs this way, they don't need that, and seartanly not for the money! Just stick to what made you big! They all want more and more, all of that crappy EDM sound we have to deal with the last years! Shame on dance music!
The Beach Side Of Life